Monday, January 29, 2007

Serious question for TJX Companies, Inc. owner of Winners and HomeSense in Canada

If they knew on or about December 15, 2006 that this information had been stolen, why wait until well after the Christmas shopping and Boxing day melee to let consumers know of the Security Breach?

The majority of people shop like mad during this period and wouldn't notice a small transaction here or there that may have been fraudulently charged. Had consumers been notified they could have started to monitor their credit cards, etc since we have access to all this through web banking now.

Were they more concerned about their profit during this period than they were their faithful customers credit/debit accounts?

No one has asked this question or addressed it willingly. I wouldn't have been affected as I haven't shopped there in years, but I know I never will again after this mess. Why would I trust them? Recommend this Post